Thursday, April 25, 2013

TIME WELL SPENT



I cannot believe that I have made it to the end of this journey, I thank God He saw me through all the ups and downs. My experience here in Walden has taught me how to reflect on the issues and trends at hand. I use my reflection to access deeply seated and intuitive passionate knowledge to become actionable and help the needy.
Three deeply felt lessons from this program center on finding out what I can do with people in my community of practice to bring the change we expect to see. I learned how to form a successful community of practice with a mind of collaboration, leadership, and relating with people so that everyone understands that everyone’s decision counts. I learned that we ought to know the importance of researching on the contextual history of an issue before advocating. The history of an issue will help us understand it better and find out ways of improving, solving and adding on to the work that people have done in the past.
My favorite quote is to “be the change you want to see in the world” by Ghandi. My long term goal is to bring awareness to issues affecting children and their families both here in the U.S. and globally.
Something I would like Dr. Davis to know is that she has made my experience at Walden wonderful with the knowledge I gained in this course. I would also like to appreciate her efforts in guiding us all through this course. I know that with the experiences we had in the past weeks, we are all advocates that will strengthen our communities with knowledge from this class. Let us not stop but become visible in our pursuit of bringing social change to our communities. I will like to end this blog to appreciate my colleagues with a good thank you for sharing their comments, and opinions for the past weeks. It only takes one spark to ignite our passion.  I wish you all the best in your endeavors.  



1 comment:

  1. Chika,

    I have also learned so much throughout this course. I found it very helpful for my future career in advocacy. I wish you the best, and hope you accomplish the goal that you have set for yourself.

    Good luck.

    ReplyDelete